Montpellier SIPP Transfer Investment Claim
In January 2018 the FSCS declared Montpellier Pension Administration Services Ltd in default, relating to how they owned and operated SIPPs on a range of investments, including offshore property, Store Pods, and oil fields.
This is a significant step for the FSCS as this is a SIPP operator rather than the adviser. The FSCS said this was a result of due diligence failing and was made at the same time as Brooklands Trustees and Stadia Trustees were also declared to be in default.
The FSCS says it has already received 150 claims that relate to these three firms and expects many more over the next year. If you hold a SIPP with any of these firms it is possible that the appropriate due diligence was not completed and you may be entitled to compensation.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Provided With an Unsuitable SIPP with Montpellier Pension Administration Limited?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- You did not use a Regulated Adviser and Montpellier Pension Administration Limited did not properly check the suitability of your investments before allowing them into the SIPP.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by your Financial Adviser.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by your Financial Adviser into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- The Financial Adviser did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not aware that you were investing in an unregulated investment.
- You feel that you had poor advice about your SIPP which has caused you financial loss.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.