Sustainable AgroEnergy Investment Claim
This is an investment that was sold in biofuel, based in a plantation in Cambodia. This went into administration, and investors lost a substantial amount of funds. The mismanagement of these investments was so severe that the Serious Fraud Office was involved and custodial sentences for the directors were passed down.
In this case it was noted that the fraud was a “thickening quagmire of dishonesty… there were more than 250 victims of relatively modest means some of whom had lost all of their life savings and their homes.”
This was a highly risky, illiquid asset to be investing in and as far back as 2010 had been identified as financially and ethically questionable. Many investors were sold the investment as part of their SIPP without full knowledge of the scheme itself or it’s complex arrangement.
Many investors have lost their pensions and their life savings as a result of this investment. If you were given advice by an Independent Financial Adviser to transfer your pension to this scheme without a full assessment of your circumstances, or understanding the risks involved, you may be entitled to recover money that has been lost. Please contact one of our dedicated and experienced case handlers on the number above or fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold a Sustainable AgroEnergy in your SIPP?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check if any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Sustainable AgroEnergy did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Sustainable AgroEnergy.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by AgroEnergy into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Sustainable AgroEnergy did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Sustainable AgroEnergy did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not unaware that Sustainable AgroEnergy had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Sustainable AgroEnergy about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by AgroEnergy concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1. Enter your details into the Red Boxes.
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.