Synergy Financial Solutions Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”), the data controller is Synergy Financial Solutions Limited (company number 06763517) of Heritage Exchange, South Lane, Elland HX5 0HG.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- – Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites and which may be amended from time to time. This includes information provided at the time of submitting your data to our site to use our service or request further information.
- – Details necessary to process all transactions we undertake during the fulfillment of our services to you.
- IT – IP ADDRESSES & SYSTEM INFORMATION
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to understand the usage of our customers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site or services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe may interest you based on the data you give us or your preferences, or where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes..
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to receive notifications and updates about any services that we are providing to you.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about our services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about our services which are similar to those which were the subject of a previous service to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you using methods appropriate to the data you have submitted to us or the data we hold.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on our data submission forms or alternatively, do not provide your consent to pass on those details when prompted. You may also change your preferences for how we use your data by contacting us at any time by telephone, letter or email.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We have put in place security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information. Access to all internal data servers is limited to the specialist data protection personnel and is controlled via active directory authentication using defined policies to control password expiry and renewal. Access to your data for the purposes of providing our services to you is limited to our employees and contractors and is controlled via active directory authentication using defined policies to control approved access locations, password expiry and renewal.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our company. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you including in relation to the supply of information;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if any or all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our rights, to view our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, debt recovery and credit risk reduction.
- HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA
We will keep your data for the time you have a current contractual arrangement with us. We will also keep your data for a minimum of 6 years for the purposes of retaining historic records of all our transactions with you.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use at the time we collect your data or at any other time.
You also have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data
- restrict or object to processing your personal data
- withdraw your consent where the processing was based on that consent, but note that this
does not affect any processing not based on your consent
- request we transfer your personal data to another person
- complain to our nominated representative in which case we will follow our internal Complaints procedure
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office or other relevant supervisory authority.
- EXTERNAL LINKS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and other third parties that we believe may be of interest to you. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us using the details shown in “How To Contact Us” below..
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, postal address or name, please let us know the correct details by contacting us. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information that you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
- HOW TO CONTACT US – TELEPHONE, EMAIL and POST
Telephone: Freephone 0800 310 1520 (01422 735045)
Post: Synergy Financial Solutions Limited, Heritage Exchange, South Lane, Elland HX5 0HG