HBFS Financial Services SIPP Claim
Based in Hertfordshire, HBFS Financial Services Limited recently became subject to police investigation. This, as well as a FCA investigation, are on-going and an individual was arrested in December 2017 in connection to this.
Customers are urged to check the status of any invested money they may have with this firm. If you yourself have funds invested with this firm or received advice from them, you could be entitled to compensation
Grounds on Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- HBFS Financial Services Limited did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by HBFS Financial Services Limited.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by HBFS Financial Services Limited into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- HBFS Financial Services Limited did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- HBFS Financial Services Limited did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were unaware that HBFS Financial Services Limited had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by HBFS Financial Services Limited about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by HBFS Financial Services Limited concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially.
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Please Note: The police investigation concluded with the only director of HBFS Financial Services, Freddy David being convicted at Southwark Crown Court on 30 July 2018 of two counts of fraud. He was sentenced to 6 years in prison and the firm is in liquidation.
Pension Redress Calculator
Our pension redress calculator will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
To use the calculator please follow the instructions below.
1.Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.