Harlequin Property SIPP Investment Claim
Harlequin Property was an unregulated, overseas investment opportunity. Luxury apartments and villas were to be built in the Caribbean, and other exotic locations. Advisors sold these on the promise of huge returns on property the investors would own once they had been built.
However, only some of the properties were completed and Harlequin Properties recently went into insolvency, with many of the investments now having little or no value at all. The Financial Ombudsman Service has seen 100’s cases involving Harlequin Property, and in many of these has ruled in favour of customers who were encouraged to invest sometimes tens of thousands of pounds of their hard earned pension.
The Serious Fraud Office has also charged employees of Harlequin of Fraud by Abuse of Position. It is clear that the majority of people who took out an investment involving Harlequin Properties would have taken an investment completely not suitable for them.
Was your Harlequin Property Investment in the Caribbean, Dominican Republic, or Brazil?
If you did then there’s a good chance you were mis-sold. We can help you get back money that is tied up in this potentially worthless investment. People lost money through not only the initial investment but also through sky-high fees that was eating into their pension pots and potentially, from what other savings they may have. If you feel you were a victim of mis-selling, Request a Free no obligation call back from an experienced SIPP claims advisor, by completing the form below and we will get back to you.
How You May Have Been Mis-Sold a Harlequin Property Investment?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Harlequin Property did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Harlequin Property.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Harlequin Property into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Harlequin Property did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Harlequin Property did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were unaware that Harlequin Property had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Harlequin Property about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Harlequin Property concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1. Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.