Grosvenor Butterworth SIPP Claim
Grosvenor Butterworth was based in Cardiff, however ceased trading in 2018 following a FCA investigation into its trading practices.
The FCA findings following their investigation were striking. The advice given to switch to a particular provider was considered wholly unsatisfactory. By making this ruling, the firm was effectively closed by the FCA. A number of cases have resulted from this firms advice. They instructed customers to invest in Beaufort Securities, an investment provider with many on-going issues of their own.
If you have received advice from Grosvenor Butterworth or dealt with Beauford Securities you could be entitled to compensation. Get in contact with us to start your claim today.
Grounds on Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Grosvenor Butterworth did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Grosvenor Butterworth.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Grosvenor Butterworth into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Grosvenor Butterworth did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Grosvenor Butterworth did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were unaware that Grosvenor Butterworth had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Grosvenor Butterworth about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Grosvenor Butterworth concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially.
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
Our pension redress calculator will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
To use the calculator please follow the instructions below.
1.Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.