Pointon York Mis-sold SIPP Investment Claim
Pointon York SIPP Solutions Ltd provided self-invested personal pensions (SIPP) catering for both regulated and unregulated assets. This firm went into liquidation in November 2018. Products under management were transferred to Crescent Trustees Limited which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Curtis Banks Group Plc.
Pointon York administered over 7,000 SIPPs and allowed high risk unsuitable assets into its schemes such as Green Oil Plantations and Carbon Credits. The responsibility for any bad advice remains with Pointon York so any claims will be routed via the Financial Services Compensation Scheme when Pointon York is confirmed as being unable to meet its obligations following liquidation.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Provided With An Unsuitable SIPP With Pointon York?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- You did not use a Regulated Adviser and Pointon York did not properly check the suitability of your investments before allowing them into the SIPP.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by your Financial Adviser.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by your Financial Adviser into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- The Financial Adviser did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not aware that you were investing in an unregulated investment.
- You feel that you had poor advice about your SIPP which has caused you financial loss.
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.