Guiness Mahon Mis-sold SIPP Investment Claim
Guinness Mahon has now had decisions made against it by the Financial Ombudsman Service for allowing unregulated and unsuitable investments into its SIPPs. Clients had invested in an Ethical Forestry scheme offering returns of up to 15 percent. The Ethical Forestry scheme is currently being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office and in liquidation meaning that clients lost all their pension funds invested.
The FOS said Guinness Mahon had failed in its due diligence as the SIPP provider involved in accepting the unsuitable scheme should have refused to take the business.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Provided With An Unsuitable SIPP With Guinness Mahon?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- You did not use a Regulated Adviser and Guinness SIPP did not properly check the suitability of your investments before allowing them into the SIPP.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by your Financial Adviser.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by your Financial Adviser into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- The Financial Adviser did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- The Financial Adviser did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not aware that you were investing in an unregulated investment.
- You feel that you had poor advice about your SIPP which has caused you financial loss.
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.