Green Oil Plantations Investment Claim
This was an investment firm that specialised in investments in an Australian plantation that produced bio-fuel. The firm was identified as suitable by four SIPP providers (Hornbuckle Mitchell, Lifetime Sipp, Brooklands Trustees and Pointon York), and boasted that the market was one for substantial capacity for growth.
However, after a few years it entered administration, after having raised more than £24 million from investors. Most of these investments were made via a SIPP. The company blamed operational issues and faced cash flow difficulties as a result.
Anyone who’s SIPP was invested in Green Oil Plantations could potentially be entitled to claim their money back. The FSCS identified Green Oil Planations several years ago as an investment that could lead to potential claims, so if your SIPP contains such an investment you could be entitled to compensation.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold a Green Oil Plantations in your SIPP?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Green Oil Plantations did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Green Oil Plantations.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Green Oil Plantations into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Green Oil Plantations did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Green Oil Plantations did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not unaware that Green Oil Plantations had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Green Oil Plantations about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Green Oil Plantations concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1.Enter your details into the Red Boxes.
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.
I Think I'm Eligible, What’s The Next Step?
The next step in this process is perhaps the most critical step as you have to file a mis-sold pension letter with your pension provider or adviser.
If you invested in SIPP investments that left you out of pocket, you may have been mis-sold.
Our team of SIPP claim specialists can help you recover compensation if you were given unsuitable advice regarding what to invest in and the risks involved through SIPPs.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions regarding your SIPP and how it was sold to you. We are happy to discuss any concerns and start a free SIPP claim assessment for compensation.
Alternatively you can call us on FREEPHONE 0800 310 1520 to speak to one of our team members who are available Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm.