Ethical Forestry SIPP Claim
Ethical Forestry was a Bournemouth based company that sold investment in Costa Rica, based around Melina trees. High returns were promised by Independent Financial Advisers, with thousands of people transferring their personal pensions into a SIPP that included investments in ethical forestry. However, the business soon hit trouble and the investments have become next to worthless.
Many of these investments were sold via cold-calling and mis-leading information around what the returns may be on the investment. The Serious Fraud Office has commenced proceedings against the firm, and these investigations are still on-going.
If advice was provided to you by a regulated Independent Financial Adviser it is possible you could make a claim. Such firms have been highlighted by the Financial Conduct Authority and investigations are on-going. If your portfolio included investments in schemes such as that provided by Ethical Forestry UK you could be entitled to claim.
Millions of pounds have been invested in this scheme and many of the investments now appear to be worthless. If you feel this could be you, contact us at the number above to speak to an experienced pension claims adviser, or fill out the form below and we will get back to you.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold a Ethical Forestry UK in your SIPP?
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Ethical Forestry UK did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Ethical Forestry UK.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Ethical Forestry UK into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Ethical Forestry UK did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Ethical Forestry UK did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not unaware that Ethical Forestry UK had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Ethical Forestry UK about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Ethical Forestry UK concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1. Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.
I Think I’ve Been Mis-Sold An Investment Scheme by Ethical Forestry, What Next?
If you believe you have been a victim of mis-selling it's easy to start the SIPP claim process and find out. Just complete the form below and one of our experienced team members with extensive knowledge of the SIPP complaints process will call you back to start a FREE SIPP claim assessment.
Our team of SIPP claim specialists can help you recover compensation if you were given unsuitable advice regarding what to invest in and the risks involved through SIPPs.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions regarding your SIPP and how it was sold to you. We are happy to discuss any concerns and start a free SIPP claim assessment for compensation.
Even if the financial adviser who sold you the investment or the firm(s) you invested in are no longer trading, our experienced team may still be able to recover some of your losses. Get in touch and discuss your case with us.
Alternatively you can call us on FREEPHONE 0800 310 1520 to speak to one of our team members who are available Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.30pm.