Douglas Baillie Mis-sold SIPP Investment Claim
Douglas Baillie was based in Edinburgh but has been since been liquidated. In early 2013 it was declared in default by the FSCS. It has had several complaints against it upheld by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), with many of these relating to notable questionable investments such as Harlequin and Store First.
One such complaint upheld by the FOS notes that a proper suitability assessment did not take place - that the personal circumstances of the customer were not properly assessed by the firm and if they had done, they would have told the customer not to transfer to a SIPP.
If you had dealings with Douglas Baillie it is possible you would be entitled to compensation.
How SIPP's were Mis-sold
Grounds on Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Douglas Baillie Limited Management did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Douglas Baillie Limited Management.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Douglas Baillie Limited Management into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Douglas Baillie Limited Management did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Douglas Baillie Limited Management did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were unaware that Douglas Baillie Limited Management had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Douglas Baillie Limited Management about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Douglas Baillie Limited Management concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially.
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Transfer Loss Calculator
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1. Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.