Avacade SIPP Claims
Avacade is an unregulated introducer, now liquidated, that has been highlighted by the FCA as a firm that “made misleading statements, carried out regulated activities in the UK without FCA authorisation or exemption, and communicated financial promotions without the required authorisation or approval.”
They provided advice to investors in investments such as tree plantations. Massive returns were promised, such as an £18,000 investment would lead to returns of £842,000 over two decades. But thousands have now lost their investments due to the mis-selling and mismanagement of the firms’ directors. If you dealt with Avacade or one of their most popular investments, Ethical Forestry, there is a good chance you would be entitled to compensation.
The action taken by the FCA against this firm shows how seriously the regulator views the actions of this firm and individuals in question.
Grounds On which you may Have Been Mis-Sold
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- Avacade Limited did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by Avacade Limited.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by Avacade Limited into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- Avacade Limited did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- Avacade Limited did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were unaware that Avacade Limited had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by Avacade Limited about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by Avacade Limited concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
Our pension redress calculator will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
To use the calculator please follow the instructions below.
1.Enter your details into the Red Boxes
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.