Carbon Credits Investment Claims
Carbon Credits are often presented as an opportunity to invest directly in a ‘green’ scheme or project that generates carbon credits as a return on investment. However, the Financial Conduct Authority has identified these as often being part of a scam, as despite the fact they be bought for money, investors have continuously found they can’t sell or trade their credits.
Several firms have been highlighted in the press in recent years as targeting customers through mainly cold calling. This has resulted in several prosecutions and prison sentences, and many investors losing several thousand pounds.
If your SIPP includes Carbon Credits, then the fact these have been highlighted as worthless investments means you could recoup your investment. The provider is required to undertake due diligence on the underlying investment the customers money will be held in, so if carbon credits form all or part of your investment, it is possible you could claim this money back.
Grounds On Which You May Have Been Mis-Sold a Carbon Credits in your SIPP Investment
In order to determine if you are eligible for a SIPP compensation claim please check If any of the following statements is true in your case:
- The firm did not explain the pension transfer & investment risks to you properly.
- Your financial situation was not properly assessed with a fact find by the firm.
- You felt uncomfortable or pressured by the firm into an investment that you didn’t need or want.
- The firm did not explain that the amount you get back will depend on performance.
- The firm did not accurately explain the fees and charges that would be incurred.
- You were not unaware that the firm had advised you to invest in an unregulated investment.
- You were not advised by the firm about exceeding the £40,000 tax-free limit would make you liable for the 55% income tax.
- You feel that you were given poor advice by the firm concerning SIPPs which has left you worse off financially
If any of the above points stand true, then it may be possible for you to get compensation.
Pension Redress Calculator
How To Use The Calculator
Our pension redress calculators will give you an indication of how much your mis-selling refund could be worth. If your case is upheld, the exact value of your refund will not be known until all the facts of your case have been disclosed and a final figure calculated by the firm.
1. Enter your details into the Red Boxes.
Ongoing Monthly (£) is optional if you continued to pay in each month after switching.
2. Choose your growth rate %pa.
Select the rate that you feel your previous pension was growing at. 3% Low, 6% Medium or 9% High rate.
3. Compare your values.
See what your pension would have been worth if you had left it in the previous scheme vs. the new scheme. Choose to compare current value or value at your chosen retirement age.